Ipswich man accused of sexually assaulting toddler in street
- Credit: ARCHANT
An Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting a toddler in the street.
Dumitru Ciornila appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Thursday afternoon to deny one count of sexually assaulting a boy under the age of 13 by touching his genitals.
The incident is alleged to have happened in the north-west area of Ipswich on September 20 last year.
Prosecutor Mark Milkovics said the offence was not suitable for summary trial and invited magistrates to commit the case to the crown court.
David Allan, for Ciornila, made no representations, adding that he did not disagree with the prosecution's conclusion in respect of venue.
Ciornila, 43, of Surrey Road, Ipswich, was released on bail until a plea and trial preparation hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on April 29.
- 1 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League
- 2 Ipswich hairdressers hoping to transform lives at new town centre salon
- 3 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 4 Drug line 'marketing manager' jailed for role in £33k-a-month dealing operation
- 5 Bar linked to ‘serious crime’ can re-open weeks after licence suspended
- 6 'Quick-thinking' member of public spotted Felixstowe drink-driver
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 9 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 10 'Blue sky thinking' needed to turn Suffolk fortress into tourist attraction