Ipswich man accused of sexually assaulting toddler in street
- Credit: ARCHANT
An Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting a toddler in the street.
Dumitru Ciornila appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Thursday afternoon to deny one count of sexually assaulting a boy under the age of 13 by touching his genitals.
The incident is alleged to have happened in the north-west area of Ipswich on September 20 last year.
Prosecutor Mark Milkovics said the offence was not suitable for summary trial and invited magistrates to commit the case to the crown court.
David Allan, for Ciornila, made no representations, adding that he did not disagree with the prosecution's conclusion in respect of venue.
Ciornila, 43, of Surrey Road, Ipswich, was released on bail until a plea and trial preparation hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on April 29.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 9 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 10 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home