Essex couple charged after guns and ammunition found in ottoman
- Credit: NCA
A Colchester couple charged with firearms offences after two guns and rounds of ammunition were found stored at a house will appear in court in April.
Officers from the Organised Crime Partnership (OCP), a joint NCA and Metropolitan Police unit, carried out a search of a property in Broom Way, Colchester, on Thursday, February 25, where they seized two handguns, one of which was fully loaded.
Officers found both firearms in a wooden box, which was stored in an ottoman at the end of a bed, along with up to fifty bullets.
Lance Ames, 64, and Kim Ames, 61, both of Broom Way, Colchester, have both been charged with possessing firearms, ammunition and obstructing police.
The couple had been due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday but the plea and trial preparation hearing was adjourned until April 28.
Judge Emma Peters also made a provisional trial date, with the case placed on a two-week warned list for September 6.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 4 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 5 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys