Man charged with attempted murder and kidnapping
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man has been charged with kidnapping and attempted murder after a woman was found with stab wounds near Ipswich — almost 50 miles away from where the incident began.
Christopher Crichton is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, April 28 following the incident on Monday, April 26.
The 32-year-old, of Park Street in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, was initially taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, but was then transferred to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be interviewed on Tuesday.
Police were called just 8.40am to reports a woman had been seen in distress in the Yarmouth Road area of Kirby Cane, near Bungay.
The woman was then seen being driven away from the address.
You may also want to watch:
At 11.20am, Suffolk Police received reports that a woman had been found with stab wounds in the Nacton village area of Ipswich.
The woman was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridgeshire with serious injuries where she remains in a stable condition.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 8 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 9 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer