Man charged with attempted murder and kidnapping
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man has been charged with kidnapping and attempted murder after a woman was found with stab wounds near Ipswich — almost 50 miles away from where the incident began.
Christopher Crichton is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, April 28 following the incident on Monday, April 26.
The 32-year-old, of Park Street in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, was initially taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, but was then transferred to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be interviewed on Tuesday.
Police were called just 8.40am to reports a woman had been seen in distress in the Yarmouth Road area of Kirby Cane, near Bungay.
The woman was then seen being driven away from the address.
At 11.20am, Suffolk Police received reports that a woman had been found with stab wounds in the Nacton village area of Ipswich.
The woman was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridgeshire with serious injuries where she remains in a stable condition.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 7 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 8 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 9 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 10 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?