Police tape off major town centre street after 'incident'
- Credit: ARCHANT
A police cordon is in place near the Buttermarket in Ipswich following reports of an incident.
Officers are currently guarding a scene in Falcon Street, which runs from the taxi firm to the hairdressers.
There is currently no access to the Buttermarket car park.
The nature of the incident is not clear yet and Suffolk police has been contacted for further details.
Road closures are in place with bus services to the Old Cattle Market being diverted.
Ipswich Buses tweeted: "We are sorry to inform you that due to a police incident buses are unable to serve Falcon Street, Dogs Head Street and the bus station.
"Our country services 92,93,97,118,119 will be departing from Friars Street (Willis Building)."
Suffolk Police have since confirmed that a woman was assaulted. More details are available here.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate