Man arrested on Felixstowe seafront for allegedly possessing imitation weapon
- Credit: Sophie Willsher
A man was arrested in a busy area of Felixstowe seafront on Sunday afternoon for allegedly possessing an imitation weapon.
Police were called to Sea Road, close to St Edmunds Road, shortly after 2pm.
Onlookers reported seeing a mass of police cars descend on the area and box off a car in the road.
Witnesses reported that some of the officers attending the scene were armed.
A man driving a BMW was then stopped and searched by officers at the scene before being taken away in a police van.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed on Sunday afternoon that a man had been detained on suspicion of possessing an imitation weapon with intent to cause fear or violence.
- 1 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 2 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Former cop who suffered from PTSD prepares to take on 24-hour marathon
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: Drug courier and teenage burglar put behind bars
- 6 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 7 Car rental business set to bring jobs boost
- 8 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 9 England fans disappointed at goalless draw against Scotland
- 10 Return of live music to continue with one-day Ipswich festival