Man arrested on Felixstowe seafront for allegedly possessing imitation weapon
- Credit: Sophie Willsher
A man was arrested in a busy area of Felixstowe seafront on Sunday afternoon for allegedly possessing an imitation weapon.
Police were called to Sea Road, close to St Edmunds Road, shortly after 2pm.
Onlookers reported seeing a mass of police cars descend on the area and box off a car in the road.
Witnesses reported that some of the officers attending the scene were armed.
A man driving a BMW was then stopped and searched by officers at the scene before being taken away in a police van.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed on Sunday afternoon that a man had been detained on suspicion of possessing an imitation weapon with intent to cause fear or violence.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week