Man facing prison after pleading guilty to string of sex offences
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A Hadleigh man is facing a lengthy prison sentence after he admitted a string of sexual offences - including the rape of a child under the age of 13.
Martin Woods, 41, of Guthrum Road, Hadleigh, appeared in the dock at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday to face eight charges.
Woods pleaded guilty to raping a child under the age the age of 13, sexually assaulting a child under the age of 13, two counts of taking indecent images of a child, and three charges of making indecent images of children.
He pleaded not guilty to causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, and his pleas were accepted by prosecutors.
The offences happened during 2020, the court heard.
Judge Emma Peters ordered a report from the Probation Service to assess dangerousness.
Woods' sentencing, which is expected to last around 90 minutes, will be held at Ipswich Crown Court on Thursday, May 27.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 6 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 7 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 8 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price