Boy, 14, arrested after sexual assault allegation, bailed
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A 14-year-old boy who was arrested following an allegation of a serious sexual assault near a Hadleigh supermarket has been bailed.
The reported incident took place in an alleyway off Calais Street, near Morrisons, between 6pm and 10.30pm on Friday, April 22.
The offence was reported to police on Saturday evening.
A 14-year-old boy was arrested in connection on Sunday, April 24, and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He has subsequently been released on bail until Sunday 22 May pending further enquiries.
A police cordon was put in place at the alleyway while detectives carried out their investigations, but this has since been lifted.
The victim, a teenage girl, is being supported by specialist trained officers.
Detectives would like to hear from any witnesses who were in the area at the time, who may have seen suspicious activity.
- 1 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's knotweed infestations again
- 2 Driver injured after three-vehicle crash in Ipswich residential street
- 3 Thieves smash window in raid at popular Ipswich games store
- 4 Bike enthusiast Marley given fitting escort on his final journey
- 5 Town centre bosses welcome plans to fill empty high street shops
- 6 A12 burger van owner sees trade boom
- 7 Cast iron machine table stolen from driveway in Felixstowe
- 8 Police appeal after woman in 70s suffers serious injuries in crash
- 9 Former Ipswich School pupil makes Forbes list
- 10 Second bar brings in no under 21 entry rule but 'nothing set in stone'
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police quoting reference 37/24337/22.
Alternatively you call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form.www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.