Armed police swoop after reports of man with suspected pistol in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Armed police have been called to a man who entered a home in Ipswich with a suspected pistol.
The incident happened in Halifax Road, on the Maidenhall estate, at about 9.20am on Wednesday.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "We were called to reports of a male entering an address in Halifax Road with a suspected pistol.
"Officers attended, located a male within the property and conducted a search of the premises.
"No weapons were found and no offences are believed to have been committed."
The spokesman confirmed armed police attended the incident in south-west Ipswich.
Bus services were also affected while emergency services attended the incident.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
In a post on Twitter, Ipswich Buses said: "Due to a police incident in Montgomery Road are unable to serve that area, this may cause some delays to the service."