Two teenagers arrested after drugs and air rifle seized
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of drug dealing after cannabis and an air rifle were seized at an Ipswich home.
Officers from Suffolk police conducted a raid at an address in Riverside Road on Thursday afternoon after a Misuse of Drugs Act warrant was executed.
Police recovered a blue bag containing a number of white wraps, a significant amount of cash, suspected quantities of cannabis, a knife and air rifle and various other paraphernalia such as mobile phones and digital scales from inside the property.
A hydroponic set, including lamps and ducting, were also recovered.
Two boys, aged 15 and 17, were arrested at the scene.
The 15-year-old was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs, while the 17-year-old was held on two counts of possession with intent to supply drugs.
Both boys were taken to Martlesham Heath police investigation centre for questioning and they were later released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August