Woman has purse and phone stolen in Tesco car park distraction theft
- Credit: Archant
A woman had her purse and phone stolen during a distraction theft in the car park of an Ipswich supermarket.
The woman was taking her trolley to her car when approached by the thief on the morning of Monday, December 7 at the Tesco Copdock car park.
The man is said to have asked the woman several questions, before saying he was "getting confused" and walking away.
When arriving home, the woman realised her purse and mobile phone had been taken out of her handbag.
Her debit card had then been used inside the store, before later being used for two cash withdrawals.
It is believed the thief had watched her entering her PIN from over her shoulder.
The thief is said to have been in his 30s and around 5ft 10in tall, with dark hair and a small beard. He is said to have been wearing "dark" clothes.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 5 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 6 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 7 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 8 Ipswich nursery rated as 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 9 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 10 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
The incident comes following a similar theft in Tesco Martlesham car park on December 1. Police are yet to confirm if the two incidents are being linked.