Drug dealer found with £40k cash in Ipswich jailed
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A drug dealer found with thousands of pounds worth of cocaine and £40,000 cash in Ipswich has been jailed for 40 months.
Artenis Selita was picked up by Suffolk Constabulary's specialist county lines drug dealing enforcement unit, the Scorpion Team, near Broomhill Park, at about noon on January 25 this year.
Officers found the 25-year-old in the driver's seat of a stationary car, parked close to a footpath, in Sherrington Road, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
A subsequent search of the vehicle, and the room in which he was staying, turned up a large quantity of cocaine with a street value of between £16,000 and £32,000, as well as £39,500 cash.
Selita, of Cottril Way, Bedford, was taken to Martlesham Heath police investigation centre for questioning, and later charged with possession of class A drugs with intent to supply and possession of criminal property.
Lynne Shirley, prosecuting, said plastic capsules containing cocaine were found in two socks on the front passenger seat of the car.
A further sock containing more capsules was found in the driver’s door pocket.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
The court heard that Selita, who has no previous convictions, has spent 115 days in custody.
A proceeds of crime hearing will take place at a later date.