Drug dealer who hid 12 bags of cannabis in underwear given community order
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
An Ipswich drug dealer who hid 12 bags of cannabis in his underwear has been given a community order.
Police who spoke to 20-year-old Daniel Pais after he appeared to be filming an incident they were dealing with in Benezet Street, Ipswich, noticed a strong smell of cannabis, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Pais had become agitated and tried to get away but was taken to a police station where a strip search was carried out, said Richard Kelly, prosecuting.
Two mobile phones were seized from him and when they were examined they were found to contain messages such as “I'm active” which were consistent with involvement in the supply of drugs.
Pais, 20, of Cecil Road, Ipswich, admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply in October last year and being concerned in the supply of cannabis between December 2019 and November last year.
He was given an 18-month community order, a 20-day rehabilitation activity requirement and ordered to do 150 hours unpaid work.
He was also ordered to pay £400 costs.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
Benedict Peers for Pais said his client had been offsetting the cost of his own drug use and had expressed shame and remorse at what he’d done.
He lived at home and his mother had said she wouldn’t tolerate him coming home smelling of cannabis or mixing with people from his past.