Man taken to hospital after serious incident in Ipswich
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A man has been taken to hospital after what appears to be a serious incident near a parade of shops in Ipswich.
Police tape and several police vehicles have been seen at the junction of Ellenbrook Road and Sheldrake Drive on Saturday evening.
A police spokeswoman confirmed there had been an incident in the area of the shops on Ellenbrook Road - but no further details are being released at this stage.
She said: "A male has been injured and taken to hospital but we don't know the extent of the injuries at the moment.
"No-one has been arrested but there is a crime scene on at the moment.
"If anyone has any information we'd ask them to call 101 quoting CAD 357."
A member of staff at the Ellenbrook Green Londis said: "I didn't see anything but I heard, like, fighting noises. I was just in the shop serving customers — I thought it was all normal.
"Then there were blue lights all over the place and I realised something was going on. They've taped off the car park and one road."
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 3 Stunning home worth nearly £1m nears completion at Felixstowe Ferry
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 6 Man who 'bombarded' schoolgirl with sexually explicit messages spared jail
- 7 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 8 Suffolk police officers make television debut in Fast Justice programme
- 9 Pubs praised after first weekend opening post lockdown
- 10 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League