'I can't sleep' – Ipswich Hockey Club tired by ASB at new pitch
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Ipswich Hockey Club is tired of the constant anti-social behaviour at its new pitch on Tuddenham Road.
Even with CCTV, the club's issues with litter, drug use and young people trespassing on private property have not stopped.
Vic Clement, a board member of Ipswich Sports Club and lead on their hockey teams, said she tells kids constantly they are not allowed to be there - with this newspaper interrupting two kids using the hockey goals as a hang-out area on Tuesday.
"It's all private land but it's impossible to keep them off," Ms Clement said. "It started when we took the goals off two months ago.
"I'm constantly stressing about it and hoping they'll go away."
She added the "awful" mess is also affecting her sleep.
"I get it on my phone so it's daily and it's always been like this but now it's really bad," she said.
Benches for members to watch future games at the pitch, which has not yet opened, have also been moved and become "a dumping area".
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk
- 10 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
She added that she wasn't a "saint" as a teenager, but: "I would never have behaved like that."