'I can't sleep' – Ipswich Hockey Club tired by ASB at new pitch
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Ipswich Hockey Club is tired of the constant anti-social behaviour at its new pitch on Tuddenham Road.
Even with CCTV, the club's issues with litter, drug use and young people trespassing on private property have not stopped.
Vic Clement, a board member of Ipswich Sports Club and lead on their hockey teams, said she tells kids constantly they are not allowed to be there - with this newspaper interrupting two kids using the hockey goals as a hang-out area on Tuesday.
"It's all private land but it's impossible to keep them off," Ms Clement said. "It started when we took the goals off two months ago.
"I'm constantly stressing about it and hoping they'll go away."
You may also want to watch:
She added the "awful" mess is also affecting her sleep.
"I get it on my phone so it's daily and it's always been like this but now it's really bad," she said.
Benches for members to watch future games at the pitch, which has not yet opened, have also been moved and become "a dumping area".
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
She added that she wasn't a "saint" as a teenager, but: "I would never have behaved like that."