Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man who downloaded indecent images of children will be sentenced next month after the probation service has prepared a pre-sentence report on him.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Monday (June14) was Christopher Welham of St George’s Street, Ipswich, who admitted three offences of making indecent images of children and one offence of possessing a prohibited image of a child.
Welham was due to have been sentenced on Monday but Judge David Pugh agreed to adjourn the case until July 14 to allow a pre-sentence report to be prepared on him.
Judge Pugh told Welham the report would look at what work could be carried out to prevent him reoffending.
However, he warned Welham that the fact that he was adjourning the case for a pre-sentence report shouldn’t be taken as any indication of the sentence he would receive.
Welham is on unconditional bail.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 10 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich