Police won't say what happened in Ellenbrook Road, Ipswich - 14 hours after 'incident'
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Police have still to confirm why an area of an Ipswich estate cordoned off last night – 14 hours after a man was injured in an 'incident'.
This newspaper was informed at 8pm on Saturday night that an area around the shops in Ellenbrook Road had been cordoned off.
Footage showed a large police presence in the area, while another video was later sent to the news desk showing a helicopter hovering above Chantry.
Suffolk Constabulary last night told reporters that a male had been injured and taken to hospital, but did not reveal the nature of the incident, the extent of his injuries were not known, or whether any arrests had been made.
Fourteen hours later, despite approaches by this newspaper, police have yet to release any further details, or even allude to the nature of the incident.
More to follow
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 3 Stunning home worth nearly £1m nears completion at Felixstowe Ferry
- 4 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Suffolk police officers make television debut in Fast Justice programme
- 8 Pubs praised after first weekend opening post lockdown
- 9 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 10 'A bridge too far' - Crane Sports boss Radnor speaks out as club pull out of League