Ipswich van driver arrested over suspected drugs offences
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of drugs offences.
His arrest comes after officers on patrol in Spring Road noticed a white Ford Transit van allegedly fail to stop at a red light at the junction with Warwick Road.
Police caught up with the driver and conducted a drugs search under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
He was then further arrested at the station on suspicion of driving with excess drugs.
The man has since been released under investigation pending the outcome of blood test results.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 6 Two Suffolk centres offering walk-in Covid-19 vaccinations tomorrow
- 7 Staff ‘burnt out and tearful’: Whistleblowers raise alarm over hospital maternity safety
- 8 Man appears in court to face charges after Ipswich 'brawl'
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores