Ipswich van driver arrested over suspected drugs offences
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of drugs offences.
His arrest comes after officers on patrol in Spring Road noticed a white Ford Transit van allegedly fail to stop at a red light at the junction with Warwick Road.
Police caught up with the driver and conducted a drugs search under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
He was then further arrested at the station on suspicion of driving with excess drugs.
The man has since been released under investigation pending the outcome of blood test results.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice