Woman drunk at wheel with child in car could face jail
- Credit: Google Maps
An Ipswich woman could be facing jail after she admitted drink driving at more than three times the limit with a young child in the car.
Ksemija Ivanova, 34, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday and pleaded guilty to drink driving and being drunk in charge of a child under the age of seven.
Ivanova, of Felix Road, Ipswich, was driving a Peugeot 607 on the A14 westbound at Stowmarket on April 25 this year, magistrates heard.
In custody, she blew 117 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath - more than three times the legal limit of 35mcg in 100ml of breath.
A previous hearing was adjourned on August 13.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates ordered an all-options pre-sentence report from the Probation Service, and granted Ivanova unconditional bail.
She was also handed an interim driving ban ahead of her sentence, which will take place at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on November 12.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox