Teenager due to appear in court today over Kesgrave shooting
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is due in court today charged with the attempted murder of a 15-year-old boy in Kesgrave.
The 15-year-old, from the Woodbridge area, is due to appear before Ipswich Crown Court later today, following the shooting in the Grange Farm area of Kesgrave on September 7 last year.
It is the third time the teenager – who cannot be named because of his age – has appeared before the court, with an earlier plea hearing in December adjourned so he could undergo a psychiatric test.
He is charged with attempted murder, possessing a shotgun with intent to cause fear of injury of another person and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
The victim of the incident sustained life-changing injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital for treatment.
He remained in a critical condition for one month, before police announced his condition was considered stable.
- 1 Air ambulance lands in Ipswich park to assist with medical emergency
- 2 Town’s old electricity building has ‘proud’ new owner
- 3 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 4 'Essex Boys' killer released from prison to live in Suffolk
- 5 Car flips onto roof on A14 near Ipswich in early hours of morning
- 6 Plans unveiled for permanent traffic ban on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 What does £400k buy if you are house hunting in Suffolk?
- 8 Mum separated from baby by nearly 50 miles after Covid birth trauma
- 9 Concern over missing Suffolk teenager
- 10 Suffolk solicitor says new evidence fuels Ipswich Town takeover rumours