Man, 56, accused of trying to meet decoy '13-year-old girl'
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A London man accused of travelling to Ipswich to meet a decoy '13-year-old girl' has been remanded in custody.
Rajeev Sivadasan, 56, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with attempting to arrange or facilitate the commission of a child sex offence between July 14 and August 7 this year.
Sivadasan, of Clements Road, east London, did not enter a plea to the charge at the short preliminary hearing.
It is alleged Sivadasan tried to meet the 'girl' in Suffolk following alleged communication with an undercover police officer.
Wayne Ablett, prosecuting, said the case was not suitable for the magistrates' court and requested it be sent to the crown court.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction and sent the case to the crown court.
Sivadasan, who was represented by solicitor Natasha Nair, was remanded in custody by magistrates ahead of his next court appearance.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
He is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on September 6 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.