Man, 56, accused of trying to meet decoy '13-year-old girl'
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A London man accused of travelling to Ipswich to meet a decoy '13-year-old girl' has been remanded in custody.
Rajeev Sivadasan, 56, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Monday charged with attempting to arrange or facilitate the commission of a child sex offence between July 14 and August 7 this year.
Sivadasan, of Clements Road, east London, did not enter a plea to the charge at the short preliminary hearing.
It is alleged Sivadasan tried to meet the 'girl' in Suffolk following alleged communication with an undercover police officer.
Wayne Ablett, prosecuting, said the case was not suitable for the magistrates' court and requested it be sent to the crown court.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction and sent the case to the crown court.
Sivadasan, who was represented by solicitor Natasha Nair, was remanded in custody by magistrates ahead of his next court appearance.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 6 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 7 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 8 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
- 9 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Ipswich
He is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on September 6 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.