Man arrested in connection with Ipswich drug offences
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with Ipswich-based drug offences.
Officers arrested a man, aged 24, in Enfield during the morning of Thursday, December 10 for being concerned in the supply of a Class A drug.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
The arrest was made as part of Operation Orochi – an operation set up by Suffolk Constabulary with the Met Police to tackle "county lines" drug-dealing between London and Suffolk.
It focusses on analysing the data of mobile phones used to buy and sell crack cocaine and heroin by dealers and controllers.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the team in Suffolk will share this intelligence with a dedicated team at the Met, who will then investigate to identify the line controller and their location.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win