Lorry driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on A140
- Credit: WAYNE PHILLIPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after being stopped on the A140 near Mendlesham.
Suffolk police pulled over a lorry on the Ipswich-bound carriageway at around 1am on Saturday.
The stop happened just past Mendlesham, a police spokesman said.
He confirmed that a man had been detained on suspicion of driving with excess alcohol in connection with the incident.
The arrested man was taken to police custody for questioning, and he remained there as of Sunday afternoon.
Witnesses to the incident and anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting reference number 17 of Sunday, May 2.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 8 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 9 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 10 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer