Man released on bail after alleged sexual assault on Waterfront
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A 23-year-old man arrested in connection with an alleged sexual assault of a woman on Ipswich Waterfront has been released on bail.
Police were called to the courtyard area of the Foundry, near The Mill, after the alleged incident was reported between 3.10am and 3.20am on Sunday, October 17.
The victim, a young woman, was walking along the Waterfront from Stoke Bridge when she was approached by a man who tried to talk to her.
He asked for the victim's phone number, but she refused to give it to her.
The woman was chased into the courtyard, where she was alleged sexually assaulted.
She screamed for help and alerted residents in the nearby flats, with the man then fleeing in the direction of the Waterfront.
Suffolk police confirmed on Sunday evening a man had been arrested in connection with the incident.
He has now been released on bail, pending further enquiries to answer on Saturday, November 20.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 3 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 4 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 5 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 9 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
- 10 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to come forward, quoting crime reference number 37/58039/21.