Man charged with Ipswich drug offences to appear in court
- Credit: ARCHANT
A man charged with Ipswich-based drug offences will appear in court this morning.
Police arrested a man in Enfield yesterday morning for being concerned in the supply of a class A drugs and he was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Teric Aroriode-Francis, 24, of Turners Hill in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, was charged with concerned in the supply of Class A drugs, namely crack cocaine and heroin.
He remains in custody and is due to appear before Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich this morning.
The arrest was made as part of Operation Orochi – an operation set up by Suffolk police with the Met to tackle county lines drug dealing that operate between London and Suffolk.
Since February 2020 Operation Orochi, led by the Metropolitan Police, has been in place in Suffolk. It focuses on analysing the data of mobile phones used to buy and sell crack cocaine and heroin by dealers and controllers.
Officers in Suffolk share this intelligence with a dedicated team at the Met, who then investigate to identify the line controller and their location.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 3 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 4 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 5 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 6 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 7 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 8 Ipswich MP calls for urgent action after hospital maternity report
- 9 'Disgraceful' obscene graffiti sprayed on skatepark and play equipment
- 10 Tesco opens new store in Ipswich town centre in August