Man suffers stab wounds during alleged assault
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after a man sustained two stab wounds in Ipswich, police have confirmed.
Police were called at 8.55pm on Thursday, January 7 to reports that a man had been assaulted in Crocus Close, Ipswich.
When officers arrived, they found that a man - aged in his 40s - had sustained two stab wounds during an alleged altercation inside a flat.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to his injuries, which are not life-threatening, police said.
At 9.35pm, officers arrested a 31-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he currently remains for questioning.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “This was an isolated incident within the address and the victim and suspect are known to each other."
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 4 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Two cars crash in Crown Street, Ipswich
- 9 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 10 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID on 101, quoting reference 1135/21.