Man suffers stab wounds during alleged assault
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after a man sustained two stab wounds in Ipswich, police have confirmed.
Police were called at 8.55pm on Thursday, January 7 to reports that a man had been assaulted in Crocus Close, Ipswich.
When officers arrived, they found that a man - aged in his 40s - had sustained two stab wounds during an alleged altercation inside a flat.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to his injuries, which are not life-threatening, police said.
At 9.35pm, officers arrested a 31-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he currently remains for questioning.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “This was an isolated incident within the address and the victim and suspect are known to each other."
- 1 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 2 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 3 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 6 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 7 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 8 Cash agreed for £1.9m school expansion project
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID on 101, quoting reference 1135/21.