Man suffers stab wounds during alleged assault
- Credit: Archant
A 31-year-old has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after a man sustained two stab wounds in Ipswich, police have confirmed.
Police were called at 8.55pm on Thursday, January 7 to reports that a man had been assaulted in Crocus Close, Ipswich.
When officers arrived, they found that a man - aged in his 40s - had sustained two stab wounds during an alleged altercation inside a flat.
He was taken to hospital for treatment to his injuries, which are not life-threatening, police said.
At 9.35pm, officers arrested a 31-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he currently remains for questioning.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “This was an isolated incident within the address and the victim and suspect are known to each other."
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 9 Further snow possible this weekend as weather warning issued
- 10 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
Anyone with information is asked to contact South CID on 101, quoting reference 1135/21.