Ipswich man jailed after string of 17 offences
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man who stole a wallet and driving licence after smashing a car window has been jailed.
Michael Taylor, of Packard Avenue, was arrested last Friday in connection with a string of offences that happened in Ipswich between August and September this year.
These included the raid of a vehicle parked in Rosehill Road on the night of September 12, where a wallet, cash, bank cards and a driving licence were taken.
Taylor, 40, was charged with six counts of theft from a motor vehicle, seven counts of fraud by false representation, two counts of attempted fraud by false representation, one count of criminal damage and one count of theft from a shop.
He appeared before Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Saturday, where he pleaded guilty to the charges.
Taylor was sentenced to 24 weeks in prison.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days