Investigations continue after woman found with stab wounds near Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Investigations are continuing after a woman was found with stab wounds near Ipswich.
The woman was then seen being driven away from the address.
At 11.20am, Suffolk police received reports that a woman had been found with stab wounds in the Nacton village area of Ipswich.
The woman was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, with serious injuries.
She remains in a stable condition.
A man, aged in his 30s, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
He has since been transferred to the Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre, where he will be interviewed by detectives today.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 3 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 6 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 7 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 10 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
Detective Inspector Tom Smith, from Norfolk police, said: "Our enquiries are continuing to establish the events leading up to the woman sustaining her injuries. However, we do believe those involved are known to each other.”