Investigations continue after woman found with stab wounds near Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Investigations are continuing after a woman was found with stab wounds near Ipswich.
The woman was then seen being driven away from the address.
At 11.20am, Suffolk police received reports that a woman had been found with stab wounds in the Nacton village area of Ipswich.
The woman was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, with serious injuries.
She remains in a stable condition.
A man, aged in his 30s, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
He has since been transferred to the Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre, where he will be interviewed by detectives today.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Women uniting against violence in Ipswich
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
Detective Inspector Tom Smith, from Norfolk police, said: "Our enquiries are continuing to establish the events leading up to the woman sustaining her injuries. However, we do believe those involved are known to each other.”