Helicopter search for man in balaclava following serious assault
- Credit: Archant
A police helicopter has been deployed in search of a man following a serious assault in Ipswich.
A man suffered serious arm injuries in an assault in Newnham Court, in Chantry, Ipswich on Wednesday evening.
Police were called at around 6pm on Wednesday, March 23 and a search for the suspect continues.
The suspect is believed to have fled in the direction of a wooded area in the direction of Cambridge Drive/Peterhouse Close.
He is described as male and thought to be wearing a ski mask, a black balaclava, a grey jacket and jogging bottoms.
A police spokesman said he was also wearing a beanie hat on his head.
The Newham Court area is currently cordoned off and members of the public are asked to avoid the area at the moment.
Anyone with any information about this incident or who saw anything suspicious at the time is asked to contact Ipswich CID quoting CAD 341 of March 23, 2022.
You can report any information via their website - https://www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update
- 1 A12 to be closed over most nights for next few months due to roadworks
- 2 Teenage girl followed twice by man in Ipswich
- 3 Firefighters tackle overnight blaze in mobile home near Ipswich
- 4 New information released after baby girl found dead at recycling centre
- 5 Promising young footballer ran Ipswich 'Maxwell' drugs line
- 6 Travellers pitch up in Chantry Park
- 7 First-ever beer festival being held in village near Ipswich
- 8 Man holding knife during town centre brawl jailed for 20 months
- 9 Witness appeal after cyclist and van driver assault in Ipswich town centre
- 10 Delivery driver attacked twice by the same person near Woodbridge
Or by dialling 101.
You can call Crimestoppers 100pc anonymously on 0800 555 111