Sin Bar owner banned from road after second drink-drive offence
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
The owner of a popular Ipswich bar has been banned from the road after being caught drink-driving for a second time.
Sin Bar owner Shabbir Khan, of Woodplace Lane, Surrey, got behind the wheel of a Mercedes E-Class while over the legal limit for alcohol on October 17, 2020, Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard on Friday.
The 46-year-old, who admitted the offence, had been pulled over in Friars Street, Ipswich.
He later gave a breath test reading of 46mg in 100ml - the limit is 35.
During Friday's hearing, Khan was also sentenced for an earlier incident of drink-driving in December 2019, where he was caught at the wheel of a BMW in Handford Road.
He had denied the offence, but was convicted by magistrates on February 24.
Khan was fined £300 and ordered to pay a £60 victim surcharge, plus £105 in costs.
He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 3 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 4 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Covid infections mapped: Just 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 8 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 9 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car