Sin Bar owner banned from road after second drink-drive offence
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
The owner of a popular Ipswich bar has been banned from the road after being caught drink-driving for a second time.
Sin Bar owner Shabbir Khan, of Woodplace Lane, Surrey, got behind the wheel of a Mercedes E-Class while over the legal limit for alcohol on October 17, 2020, Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard on Friday.
The 46-year-old, who admitted the offence, had been pulled over in Friars Street, Ipswich.
He later gave a breath test reading of 46mg in 100ml - the limit is 35.
During Friday's hearing, Khan was also sentenced for an earlier incident of drink-driving in December 2019, where he was caught at the wheel of a BMW in Handford Road.
He had denied the offence, but was convicted by magistrates on February 24.
Khan was fined £300 and ordered to pay a £60 victim surcharge, plus £105 in costs.
He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 10 Jailed in November: The criminals locked up in Suffolk last month