'Don't be that person' – Warning to pigeon shooters as 2 birds shot
- Credit: Jay Winters
Two shot pigeons have been rescued by a Felixstowe sanctuary.
Jay Winters said she sadly rescues a lot of maimed birds at Paws and Claws Pigeon Sanctuary.
She was brought two shot pigeons this week from Spriteshall Lane and Addington Road in Trimley St Mary.
"Anyone who shoots pigeons in residential areas, please know it makes zero difference to any perceived 'pest control' and I spend a significant amount of time and money fixing these birds," she said.
"You aren't protecting your property as any birds will immediately be replaced by others. All you are doing is maiming animals and causing distress to your neighbours. Don't be that person."
You may also want to watch:
"They are wonderful creatures that are very intelligent and each has unique personalities.
"I feel strongly that they shouldn't be hurt just because someone thinks their life is worth less than that of other species."
For more see facebook.com/pawsandclawssanctuary.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved