Gardening tools worth £6,000 stolen from van while owner was working
- Credit: RA Lawns & Landscapes
Gardening equipment worth £6,000 has been stolen from a van while the owner was working at a housing development in Felixstowe.
The theft happened at around 8am on Wednesday in Ranson Road near the Laureate Fields development, Suffolk police said.
The owner of the van, Ryan Ashton of RA Lawns & Landscapes, was outside and had his back to the vehicle when he heard a loud banging noise.
Mr Ashton then saw a grey Volkswagen Caddy, with two male occupants, driving away from where he was parked.
He then noticed a number of Stihl gardening tools, with an estimated value of £6,000, were missing from the van.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ashton said he was working around 50 metres away from his van in daylight when the theft happened.
Any witnesses to the incident are urged to contact the Felixstowe Safer Neighbourhood Team at Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/55688/21.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 6 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 7 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 10 Four men released following death of man at Felixstowe lorry park