Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- Credit: Contributed
Two teenagers have been arrested after a 17-year-old boy was stabbed in a residential street in Ipswich.
The incident happened at around 5pm on Thursday in the Beatty Road area off Nacton Road, Suffolk police said.
A number of officers were seen in the street as a cordon was put in place.
The boy is understood to have been approached by a group of four teenagers prior to the attack.
The victim was taken to hospital for treatment, where his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
Suffolk police confirmed two boys, both aged 17, were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and have been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Police have authorised Section 60 powers in Ipswich following the incident, meaning officers will be allowed to stop and search without reasonable grounds.
The order is in effect in the north-west, south-west and town centre areas of Ipswich until 5.30pm on Friday.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident to come forward, quoting reference number 279 of September 16.