The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- Credit: Archant
The Walk in Ipswich town centre was cordoned off by police on Monday morning.
The cut-through between Buttermarket and Tavern Street has been closed, with police tape being strung between the White Stuff and Bonbon stores.
However, the nature of the incident has not yet been revealed by police.
A number of retailers can be found in the Walk, including a butchers', a Timpson branch and an entrance to White Stuff.
The cordon was removed by around 11.30am, witnesses said.
Suffolk police has been approached for comment.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Suffolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams