Cocaine and cannabis found in Ipswich property as three arrested
- Credit: Suffolk police
Cocaine, cannabis and more than £2,500 in cash have been found as three people were arrested in connection with drug offences in Ipswich.
Officers from the West Sentinel team and West Scorpion team carried out a search at an address in Fitzwilliam Close at around 7.50pm on Wednesday, June 23.
Two men aged 47 and 26, and a 48-year-old woman – were subsequently arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The woman has been arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs.
The men have both been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.
Acting Detective Inspector Mark Hughes said: "These arrests and seizures are as a result of us responding proactively to offences linked to illegal drugs activity in the town.
"The supply and dealing of illegal drugs will not be tolerated and residents can be reassured that any information passed on to police will be acted upon.”
Anyone who has information about drug-use in their community is asked to contact their local policing team on 101 or alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 10 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss