Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- Credit: Suffolk police
A ram-raid gang member who is serving a six-and-a-half year sentence has absconded from a Suffolk prison.
Tommy Mitchell, aged 21, was found to be missing earlier this morning from Hollesley Bay jail, police said.
Mitchell was jailed in October 2019 for being part of a ram raid gang which caused £150,000 worth of damage in a year.
The gang stole £165,000 in smash and grab raids across the south of England, and eight other men were also jailed for their involvement.
Mitchell admitted two counts of conspiracy to commit burglary and one of conspiring to steal a motor vehicle.
He was sentenced to six years and six months at Chelmsford Crown Court.
Mitchell is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, of medium build and with brown hair. He has links to the Great Dunmow and Harlow areas of Essex.
Anyone who believes they have seen Tommy Mitchell, or who has any information regarding his whereabouts, is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks