Two men charged after cocaine found in car
Two men are due to appear in court after a substantial quantity of cocaine, mobile phones and cash was found in a car in Ipswich.
At around 1.30pm on Wednesday, June 23, police searched a blue Kia Ceed under Section 23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act, which was parked on Kelly Road with three men sat inside.
During the search police recovered the cocaine that has an estimated street value of more than £1,500 along with the mobile phones and cash.
Officers arrested the driver and his front seat passenger and took them to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The back-seat passenger was not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said 44-year-old Petko Petrov and 20-year-old Bozhidar Petrov, both of no fixed abode, had been charged with possession of class A drugs, namely cocaine, with intent to supply.
Both men were remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich Magistrates' Court today, Friday June 25.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood