Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning people to be vigilant after three supermarket distraction thefts happened in Ipswich and Kesgrave on the same day over the weekend.
Suffolk police said the first incident happened at Sainsbury's in Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, between 12.20pm and 1.30pm on Saturday, January 16.
A woman, aged in her 50s, was shopping in the store and discovered that her Mulberry purse, which contained cash and cards, had been stolen from her rucksack which was hanging on the trolley hook.
Another theft happened between 11.15am and 12.15pm on Saturday at Tesco at Copdock Interchange.
A woman, aged in her 60s, who had hung her bag on the trolley hook, later noticed her purse had been taken. The purse again contained cash and cards.
You may also want to watch:
While shortly before 4pm on Saturday, a woman - aged in her 60s - was shopping in Tesco at Ropes Drive, Kesgrave, when her purse, which contained cash and cards, was stolen from her handbag.
Anyone with information about these incidents, can contact police on 101, quoting the relevant crime reference numbers:
- 1 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 2 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer joins Ipswich bingo night
- 4 Mum's pride as former Ipswich schoolboy named in Tokyo 2020 Olympics squad
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
- 6 Why you should be heading to Beach Street this Saturday
- 7 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 8 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Sheffield Tigers v Ipswich Witches... LIVE UPDATES from Owlerton
- 9 CCTV appeal after vandal shatters McDonald's door
- 10 'I can't sleep' – Ipswich Hockey Club tired by ASB at new pitch
- 37/2531/21 Sainsbury's, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich
- 37/2522/21 Tesco, Copdock Interchange, Ipswich
- SC-16012021-240 Tesco, Ropes Drive, Kesgrave