Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman has been injured after being bitten on the leg by a dog.
The incident happened at about 6.30pm on May 18 in Bramford Lane.
The victim suffered a wound and bruising and had to go to hospital for a check-up.
During the incident, a black American bulldog-type dog lunged at the woman as she was walking past.
The animal was on a lead being walked by a couple with a buggy.
The man is described as white, in his late 20s, with black hair and of heavy build.
He was wearing a dark shirt and tracksuit trousers.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 7 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 8 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 9 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
The woman, who was pushing the buggy, is described as white with fair hair.
Police are looking to trace the owners of the dog and would like to speak to anyone who has any information about the incident.
Anyone with any knowledge should contact Suffolk police quoting crime reference 37/30511/22.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.