Criminal secrets of a family man
HE was just your average, everyday next-door neighbour – a father of two lovely youngsters and an adoring husband.But the cloak of respectability of Edwin Almond was smashed today when he was revealed as a Mr Big of the drugs world.
HE was just your average, everyday next-door neighbour – a father of two lovely youngsters and an adoring husband.
But the cloak of respectability of Edwin Almond was smashed today when he was revealed as a Mr Big of the drugs world.
Neighbours of the 32-year-old couldn't help but notice that he had several luxury cars parked on his property, in High Road, Trimley St Mary – a Lotus Elise, a Jaguar and a Ducati motorbike.
Little did anyone realise that the vehicles were stolen and inside his village farmhouse were more than 2,500 ecstasy tablets.
You may also want to watch:
Almond, of Great Street Farmhouse, pleaded guilty to four charges including possessing drugs with intent to supply and receiving stolen goods.
Dressed in a dark suit, he stood impassively in the dock at Ipswich Crown Court.
- 1 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 6 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 7 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 8 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
- 9 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR