Crooner Daniel cancels Suffolk dates
HEARTHROB Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnell won't be coming to Ipswich next spring - news that is sure to devastate his devoted army of Suffolk fans.He's been having problems with his voice over the last couple of months and has decided it's time to give his throat a complete break in early 2004.
HEARTHROB Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnell won't be coming to Ipswich next spring - news that is sure to devastate his devoted army of Suffolk fans.
He's been having problems with his voice over the last couple of months and has decided it's time to give his throat a complete break in early 2004.
The legendary singer has become a good friend to the people of Ipswich and Suffolk since he first came to play in town in 1988 and all his shows have sold out.
Such is people's eagerness to get tickets to see the boy from County Donegal in Ipswich that they pitch up tents outside the town's box office days in advance of them going on sale.
You may also want to watch:
But that won't be happening this year as the singer, who married last year, will only complete those dates that he is already committed to performing at and won't be appearing next spring at The Regent.
A statement from Daniel's agents Brockwell Ltd said: "Daniel has over the past couple of months been having some problems with his voice. At present he is trying to work two days on, one day off, where possible, except for those dates that are already contracted and on sale.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town
"As a result, Daniel has taken the decision to give his voice a proper rest at the beginning of next year for a period of three months.
This means the cancelling of the proposed UK spring tour 2004. Daniel would like to convey his sincere apologies to all his UK fans and hopes to see them in the following autumn and spring, if not this year".
Ipswich Regent has no knowledge of future dates but will announce any news regarding Daniel when it is known.
n Daniel O'Donnell's long time touring companion, Irish singer Mary Duff, will be appearing at the Ipswich Regent on Saturday June 28. See Tuesday's Ticket section for more details.