Crooner Daniel cancels Suffolk dates
HEARTHROB Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnell won't be coming to Ipswich next spring - news that is sure to devastate his devoted army of Suffolk fans.He's been having problems with his voice over the last couple of months and has decided it's time to give his throat a complete break in early 2004.
HEARTHROB Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnell won't be coming to Ipswich next spring - news that is sure to devastate his devoted army of Suffolk fans.
He's been having problems with his voice over the last couple of months and has decided it's time to give his throat a complete break in early 2004.
The legendary singer has become a good friend to the people of Ipswich and Suffolk since he first came to play in town in 1988 and all his shows have sold out.
Such is people's eagerness to get tickets to see the boy from County Donegal in Ipswich that they pitch up tents outside the town's box office days in advance of them going on sale.
But that won't be happening this year as the singer, who married last year, will only complete those dates that he is already committed to performing at and won't be appearing next spring at The Regent.
A statement from Daniel's agents Brockwell Ltd said: "Daniel has over the past couple of months been having some problems with his voice. At present he is trying to work two days on, one day off, where possible, except for those dates that are already contracted and on sale.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 5 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 8 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 9 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 10 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
"As a result, Daniel has taken the decision to give his voice a proper rest at the beginning of next year for a period of three months.
This means the cancelling of the proposed UK spring tour 2004. Daniel would like to convey his sincere apologies to all his UK fans and hopes to see them in the following autumn and spring, if not this year".
Ipswich Regent has no knowledge of future dates but will announce any news regarding Daniel when it is known.
n Daniel O'Donnell's long time touring companion, Irish singer Mary Duff, will be appearing at the Ipswich Regent on Saturday June 28. See Tuesday's Ticket section for more details.