Crooner Daniel cancels Suffolk dates
HEARTHROB Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnell won't be coming to Ipswich next spring - news that is sure to devastate his devoted army of Suffolk fans.He's been having problems with his voice over the last couple of months and has decided it's time to give his throat a complete break in early 2004.
HEARTHROB Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnell won't be coming to Ipswich next spring - news that is sure to devastate his devoted army of Suffolk fans.
He's been having problems with his voice over the last couple of months and has decided it's time to give his throat a complete break in early 2004.
The legendary singer has become a good friend to the people of Ipswich and Suffolk since he first came to play in town in 1988 and all his shows have sold out.
Such is people's eagerness to get tickets to see the boy from County Donegal in Ipswich that they pitch up tents outside the town's box office days in advance of them going on sale.
You may also want to watch:
But that won't be happening this year as the singer, who married last year, will only complete those dates that he is already committed to performing at and won't be appearing next spring at The Regent.
A statement from Daniel's agents Brockwell Ltd said: "Daniel has over the past couple of months been having some problems with his voice. At present he is trying to work two days on, one day off, where possible, except for those dates that are already contracted and on sale.
- 1 Aldi store on Ipswich estate 'set to close within weeks'
- 2 Frustration and fear as burger van window smashed
- 3 Cash and jewellery stolen after Ipswich home broken into
- 4 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 5 Boy, 15, appears in court after teenager stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Woman, 34, to stand trial for robbery next year
- 8 Churches prepare to open at Quay Place and the former Odeon cinema
- 9 Jury in schoolgirl rape case retires to consider verdicts
- 10 OPINION: Why I'm too old to be waking up with a Sunday morning hangover
"As a result, Daniel has taken the decision to give his voice a proper rest at the beginning of next year for a period of three months.
This means the cancelling of the proposed UK spring tour 2004. Daniel would like to convey his sincere apologies to all his UK fans and hopes to see them in the following autumn and spring, if not this year".
Ipswich Regent has no knowledge of future dates but will announce any news regarding Daniel when it is known.
n Daniel O'Donnell's long time touring companion, Irish singer Mary Duff, will be appearing at the Ipswich Regent on Saturday June 28. See Tuesday's Ticket section for more details.