Crowds have ‘seriously good day out’ at charity horse show at Trinity Park in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
More than 150 competitors saddled up and took part in the Ipswich Horse Society’s charity horse show at Trinity Park yesterday.
The event aimed to raise as much money as possible for the Bubblebee Charity, an independent pre-school in Sproughton for children with difficulties with movement and co-ordination.
Michael Bloomfield, the society’s chairman, said it had raised more than £100,000 for local charities since it launched more than 40 years ago.
“We had a seriously good day out,” he said.
“It has been a very lucky day, we were very fortunate with the weather which has brought a lot of people out.
“We probably had around 160 competitors with lots and lots of people coming to watch.
“We had showjumping, veteran classes, dressage and actual horse showing.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 3 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 6 Suffolk DJ 'couldn't believe' call to perform before Diana Ross
- 7 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich Microshops celebrate 'whirlwind' of a first year
- 9 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 10 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
“I’m very pleased with how it went.
“It was a great day out for everyone.”