Custody for school burglar
A BURGLAR who smashed a school window and stole computer equipment has been remanded in custody.At a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court yesterday >, Antonio Bennett, of Station Street, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to burglary at Beacon Hill School.
By Matt Eley
A BURGLAR who smashed a school window and stole computer equipment has been remanded in custody.
At a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court yesterday >, Antonio Bennett, of Station Street, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to burglary at Beacon Hill School.
The court heard that the 24-year-old smashed a window with a brick before stealing computer goods valued at £646. The burglary was committed on November 8.
He also admitted stealing computer equipment and a stereo in a separate burglary valued at £1488. The second offence took place at a dwelling on January 12.
Bennett pleaded guilty to a further charge of possession of heroin, dated January 17.
- 1 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 2 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 3 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 4 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 5 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 6 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
- 7 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 8 VW Golf stolen from Ipswich road after thieves take car keys from home
- 9 Window smashed at Ipswich home in spate of attempted burglaries
- 10 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
Magistrates declined jurisdiction of the case and remanded the defendant in custody. He will appear at Ipswich Crown Court for sentence at a date to be arranged.