Cycle storage opened at station
ANGLIA Railways has spent £75,000 on storage facilities at stations across the region.Strategic Railway Authority funding through its Rail Passenger Partnership Scheme has meant that more than 520 new and secure parking spaces for cycles have been installed.
ANGLIA Railways has spent £75,000 on storage facilities at stations across the region.
Strategic Railway Authority funding through its Rail Passenger Partnership Scheme has meant that more than 520 new and secure parking spaces for cycles have been installed.
Peter Meades, Anglia Railways' public relations manager, said: "We were the first train company to work with the Rail Passengers' Committee to promote the installation of cycle parking at all stations.
"This latest project to provide facilities at all stations and improve cycle security demonstrates further our commitment to providing excellent integrated transport services for cyclists who are increasingly using our services for leisure, business and commuting purposes."
All Anglia Railways' mainline, crosslink and local trains are able to carry at least four bikes for travellers who want to take their cycles with them.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 Company requests £1.8m loan to finish Broomhill Lido project