Cyclist allegedly spits at woman while waiting at traffic lights
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after a cyclist allegedly spat on a woman in her car in Ipswich.
Suffolk police said a man on his bike spat at the woman’s vehicle while stationary at traffic lights in Burlington Road, at the junction with Portman Road, at around 1.20pm on Wednesday.
The man’s saliva reportedly entered through an open window and hit the driver on her neck.
He then made off towards Civic Drive, according to police.
Police have described the man as white and was wearing a light-coloured jacket, dark trousers, blue Nike-branded trainers, a grey rucksack and white headphones.
You may also want to watch:
He was riding a dark-coloured bicycle.
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact police, quoting crime reference 37/23807/20.
- 1 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 2 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 3 £40,000 of cash and large amount of cocaine seized in Ipswich
- 4 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 5 Pensioner 'could not help himself' viewing indecent images of children
- 6 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 7 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 8 Former Ipswich nightclub to become Network Rail base
- 9 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
- 10 First doses administered at Ipswich's mass vaccination centre