Cyclist seen ‘brandishing’ samurai sword in Yarmouth Road area of Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested and a samurai sword has been recovered after an incident in Ipswich this morning.
Police received reports from members of the public that a cyclist was seen “brandishing” a samurai sword in the Riverside Road and Yarmouth Road areas at around 9.15am.
Officers attended and detained a man in London Road at 9.25am.
Members of the public were not approached or threatened during the incident, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
Sergeant Ali Livingstone, of Suffolk Constabulary, posted on Twitter two photographs of the recovered samurai sword.
He wrote: “Man cycling round Ipswich waving this at members of public. Located, challenged with Taser & compliantly arrested.”
A 32-year-old man from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon in connection with the incident.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 10 Plans to convert town centre office to five flats
He has been taken the Martlesham Police Information Centre for questioning.