Cyclist suffers head injury during collision with car in Grimwade Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been rushed to hospital after a collision with a car in Ipswich today.
Suffolk police were called by the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) at 4.25pm to the crash in Grimwade Street.
According to a police spokeswoman, a cyclist involved in the collision has been taken to hospital.
She said: “We were called by the ambulance service at 4.25pm to reports of a collision between a car and a cyclist on Grimwade Street close to the junction of Rope Walk. “It is believed the cyclist sustained injuries to their head.
“They were taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.”
A spokeswoman for EEAST said as it was an ongoing incident, they only had basic details of what had occurred.
She said: “We were called at 4.17pm today and have an ambulance at scene.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 5 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
- 10 Driver caught doing 64mph in 40mph section of A12
“We are at the moment treating two patients.”
The road is partially blocked and there is slow traffic in the area.
Stay with us for more on this breaking news story.