Cyclist suffers head injury during collision with car in Grimwade Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been rushed to hospital after a collision with a car in Ipswich today.
Suffolk police were called by the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) at 4.25pm to the crash in Grimwade Street.
According to a police spokeswoman, a cyclist involved in the collision has been taken to hospital.
She said: “We were called by the ambulance service at 4.25pm to reports of a collision between a car and a cyclist on Grimwade Street close to the junction of Rope Walk. “It is believed the cyclist sustained injuries to their head.
“They were taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for EEAST said as it was an ongoing incident, they only had basic details of what had occurred.
She said: “We were called at 4.17pm today and have an ambulance at scene.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
“We are at the moment treating two patients.”
The road is partially blocked and there is slow traffic in the area.
Stay with us for more on this breaking news story.