Cyclists raise money for Kiara fund
ACHING limbs and saddle sores were not enough to put these cyclists off raising money for little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.Between 30 and 40 people turned out to ride from Reynolds Road to Felixstowe Pier and back again in memory of the five-year-old.
ACHING limbs and saddle sores were not enough to put these cyclists off raising money for little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.
Between 30 and 40 people turned out to ride from Reynolds Road to Felixstowe Pier and back again in memory of the five-year-old.
Little Kiara was killed after she was in collision with a bus while riding her bike along Landseer Road, three weeks ago.
On Sunday her mum and dad, Colin and Michelle, were among the many riders who were involved in the cycle ride organised by family friend Lee Mundy.
Mr Mundy from Byron Road, Ipswich said: "It was our way of saying to the family that we are thinking of them.
"Because so many people were around it really helped take each others minds of things.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
"I was amazed that so many people turned up."
Although the money has not yet been collected in Mr Mundy believes there should be hundreds of pounds to come in.
And £89 was collected on Sunday by people just coming up to them and giving them money.
nAnyone wanting to donate to the Kiara fund should send money c/o Geraldine Thompson, Editors Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.