Cyclists raise money for Kiara fund
ACHING limbs and saddle sores were not enough to put these cyclists off raising money for little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.Between 30 and 40 people turned out to ride from Reynolds Road to Felixstowe Pier and back again in memory of the five-year-old.
ACHING limbs and saddle sores were not enough to put these cyclists off raising money for little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.
Between 30 and 40 people turned out to ride from Reynolds Road to Felixstowe Pier and back again in memory of the five-year-old.
Little Kiara was killed after she was in collision with a bus while riding her bike along Landseer Road, three weeks ago.
On Sunday her mum and dad, Colin and Michelle, were among the many riders who were involved in the cycle ride organised by family friend Lee Mundy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mundy from Byron Road, Ipswich said: "It was our way of saying to the family that we are thinking of them.
"Because so many people were around it really helped take each others minds of things.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 10 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
"I was amazed that so many people turned up."
Although the money has not yet been collected in Mr Mundy believes there should be hundreds of pounds to come in.
And £89 was collected on Sunday by people just coming up to them and giving them money.
nAnyone wanting to donate to the Kiara fund should send money c/o Geraldine Thompson, Editors Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.