Cyclists raise money for Kiara fund
ACHING limbs and saddle sores were not enough to put these cyclists off raising money for little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.Between 30 and 40 people turned out to ride from Reynolds Road to Felixstowe Pier and back again in memory of the five-year-old.
ACHING limbs and saddle sores were not enough to put these cyclists off raising money for little Kiara Stevenson-Mann.
Between 30 and 40 people turned out to ride from Reynolds Road to Felixstowe Pier and back again in memory of the five-year-old.
Little Kiara was killed after she was in collision with a bus while riding her bike along Landseer Road, three weeks ago.
On Sunday her mum and dad, Colin and Michelle, were among the many riders who were involved in the cycle ride organised by family friend Lee Mundy.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mundy from Byron Road, Ipswich said: "It was our way of saying to the family that we are thinking of them.
"Because so many people were around it really helped take each others minds of things.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
"I was amazed that so many people turned up."
Although the money has not yet been collected in Mr Mundy believes there should be hundreds of pounds to come in.
And £89 was collected on Sunday by people just coming up to them and giving them money.
nAnyone wanting to donate to the Kiara fund should send money c/o Geraldine Thompson, Editors Secretary, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.