Dad arrested in prostitute rumpus
WHEN Anthony Welton went to argue with prostitutes outside his home little did he think he would end up spending a night in the cells.Today, a dumbfounded Mr Welton told how he confronted the women after his stepdaughter was hounded by kerb-crawlers.
WHEN Anthony Welton went to argue with prostitutes outside his home little did he think he would end up spending a night in the cells.
Today, a dumbfounded Mr Welton told how he confronted the women after his stepdaughter was hounded by kerb-crawlers.
When he lost patience with the prostitutes he became embroiled in a slanging match, was arrested and ended up in court, charged with causing harassment, alarm or distress.
"I feel unfairly treated, all I was doing was being a father – trying to protect my children – and I was taken away," said the 46-year-old, of London Road, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 10 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters