Dad arrested in prostitute rumpus
WHEN Anthony Welton went to argue with prostitutes outside his home little did he think he would end up spending a night in the cells.Today, a dumbfounded Mr Welton told how he confronted the women after his stepdaughter was hounded by kerb-crawlers.
WHEN Anthony Welton went to argue with prostitutes outside his home little did he think he would end up spending a night in the cells.
Today, a dumbfounded Mr Welton told how he confronted the women after his stepdaughter was hounded by kerb-crawlers.
When he lost patience with the prostitutes he became embroiled in a slanging match, was arrested and ended up in court, charged with causing harassment, alarm or distress.
"I feel unfairly treated, all I was doing was being a father – trying to protect my children – and I was taken away," said the 46-year-old, of London Road, Ipswich.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 2 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 5 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 'Really lovely and easy to talk to' - Tributes to passionate beekeeper Alan
- 10 Orwell Bridge reduced speed limit 'likely' as Storm Barra hits Suffolk