Dad's waxed chest to benefit kids
A HADLEIGH father is to have his legs and chest waxed to raise money for his daughter's nursery.The Playstation Pre-School was gutted by fire nearly two week's ago causing an estimated £15,000 of damage.
A HADLEIGH father is to have his legs and chest waxed to raise money for his daughter's nursery.
The Playstation Pre-School was gutted by fire nearly two week's ago causing an estimated £15,000 of damage.
Paul Francis has pledged to help raise money for the pre-school – he had a number of suggestions but his wife suggested the body wax.
He said: "I gave a list of fundraising ideas to my wife and friends and that was what they pick – I wonder why.
You may also want to watch:
"I have heard horror stories and I am a bit nervous about it, apparently I could end up with third degree burns if the wax is too hot."
Mr Francis of Aldham Road in Hadleigh has been directly affected by the fire – his two-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son both used the nursery although his son is now at school.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 4 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 5 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 9 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 10 Stuck Suez Canal ship delayed to Felixstowe after arriving in Rotterdam
He added: "This has got to be done, my daughter hasn't had anything to do since the fire – the nursery will be opening again on February 2 at the school but only until April."
The event will take place at The French Complex in Hadleigh on February 7 at 12 noon.
Mr Francis is currently raising sponsorship money from members of the public and businesses and is hoping to find ten companies willing to donate up to £50 towards a nursery computer.
The money raised from private sponsors will go on other equipment and Mr Francis hopes this will total £1,000.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Mr Francis should call him on 07958 656166.