Dad's waxed chest to benefit kids
A HADLEIGH father is to have his legs and chest waxed to raise money for his daughter's nursery.The Playstation Pre-School was gutted by fire nearly two week's ago causing an estimated £15,000 of damage.
A HADLEIGH father is to have his legs and chest waxed to raise money for his daughter's nursery.
The Playstation Pre-School was gutted by fire nearly two week's ago causing an estimated £15,000 of damage.
Paul Francis has pledged to help raise money for the pre-school – he had a number of suggestions but his wife suggested the body wax.
He said: "I gave a list of fundraising ideas to my wife and friends and that was what they pick – I wonder why.
You may also want to watch:
"I have heard horror stories and I am a bit nervous about it, apparently I could end up with third degree burns if the wax is too hot."
Mr Francis of Aldham Road in Hadleigh has been directly affected by the fire – his two-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son both used the nursery although his son is now at school.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 5 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
He added: "This has got to be done, my daughter hasn't had anything to do since the fire – the nursery will be opening again on February 2 at the school but only until April."
The event will take place at The French Complex in Hadleigh on February 7 at 12 noon.
Mr Francis is currently raising sponsorship money from members of the public and businesses and is hoping to find ten companies willing to donate up to £50 towards a nursery computer.
The money raised from private sponsors will go on other equipment and Mr Francis hopes this will total £1,000.
Anyone wishing to sponsor Mr Francis should call him on 07958 656166.