Dampening down after blaze
VIDEO FIREFIGHTERS are set to spend several hours dampening down after a blaze broke out in a landfill site on the B1113 at Great Blakenham.
FIREFIGHTERS are set to spend several hours dampening down after a blaze broke out in a landfill site on the B1113 at Great Blakenham.
The fire started at around 11am and it took fire crews around two hours to extinguish the flames.
The fire, at Mason's Landfill Site, is thought to have been started by a piece of machinery in a shed.
The blaze quickly spread in the paper recycling warehouse.
It has also caught on to the offices of the site and was described by a spokeswoman for the Suffolk Fire Service as “being fought offensively”.
Four people were treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics at the scene and around 30 employees had to be evacuated.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault